I used to thrive on drama!
My whole life seem to be surrounded by it. As a child it was a constant in my home. When I was in the s*x industry it seemed like a never ending saga of drama in the dressing room.
It wasn't until I got out & God began to settle my heart & make me aware.
When I got into ministry I realized that it doesn't matter if you don't know God. It doesn’t matter if you go to church or attend Bible studies. Drama has no boundaries because it’s not about the life-style…it’s about people, their hurts, fears, desires to control or just a desire to be needed.
Drama doesn't exclude anyone. But you have to…YOU GET TO...choose to exclude it from your life.
Here are a few things I've learned over the years about "Drama's" goal...
1. Division - Drama is out to divide and conquer. You may not even realize you are doing it or partaking in it because your are in the middle of it. Drama divides hearts, friendships, communication and hope. It takes away your joy.
2. Gossip - I’ve never seen drama that didn’t include gossip. You want to stop drama in your life? Stop feeding it with things you may not know about but think you do. If you are unhappy about something go to the person whose responsable. If you’ve done that and didn’t get the answer that fit your perception then go to the Lord or godly people who will not partake in gossip. (Gossip creates division)
3. Has you questioning in unhealthy ways - Drama has you asking questions that bring confusion, division and can lead to gossip. The enemy wants you to question everything. God wants you to ask Him so He can give you the answers.
4. Takes away your peace - You will know you have surrounded yourself with drama when you lose your peace. When you’re consumed by thoughts of the issues. When the fruits of the Spirit have left the building and your life is chaos.
5. Heartache - Drama ALWAYS leads to heartache. It will divide your heart and may be taking you away from those that have loved and fought for you. Your heart will be broken if you stay in relationships that bring all of the above.
6. Makes you respond irrationally - Drama has you respond in irrational ways. You may think that text, call, coffee or email is helpful but you need to ask yourself these question first…
Is the situation you are in creating Division, Gossip, Questioning in unhealthy ways, taking away your peace, bringing heartache or has you responding irrationally? If you answered yes to any of those I encourage you to seek the Lord and ask Him how He sees situations you might be in that are creating drama. If you are not quite sure, seek Godly counsel. Godly counsel will not seek to divide, gossip, create chaos, bring heartache or respond irrationally. Godly counsel will listen, seek God with you, love you and try to see everyones points of view.
Drama is like a drug. It can give you an adrenaline rush, something to do, distraction from true healing/issues and it’s just a spiral that will continue to get out of control.
Each of us has a discerning spirit that God has placed in us. He gave us Galations 5:22-23 to check against our own flesh. Go read it. Check everything against it.
There is a real enemy out there that is looking to divide and destroy you and he will use every means possible to do so. Do not be fooled, deceived or played with. You can stop drama immediately by not playing along. Yes, some people may be hurt because you have said "no more" to it. But you are worth fighting for.
“Christ’s love was not cautious but extravagant. love like that.” Eph 5:2.
By: Polly Wright